UAB HONORS CHOICE SCHOLARSHIP
Application Deadline: May 2, 2014 no later than 11:00 a.m.
UAB is once again offering a two-year UAB Honors Choice Scholarship to a student selected from Central Alabama Community College’s Scholarship and Financial Aid Committee. The award will provide $1,500 toward tuition costs (divided equally between the fall and spring semesters) annually, for a total two-year value of $3,000. The applicant must be admitted to UAB for the 2014-2015 academic year, have a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 academic scale and possess demonstrated leadership qualities.
The following documents are required for consideration of this scholarship:
- Letter from applicant addressed to the Scholarship and Financial Aid Committee explaining in detail why they feel they should be considered for this scholarship;
- Two current letters of recommendation from College instructors, counselors, etc;
- A list of extracurricular activities; and
- A working copy of your CACC transcript verifying a 3.5 or higher GPA.
- Evidence of acceptance to UAB. (Students may apply for Admissions directly to UAB at www.uab.edu/apply.)
If you are interested in applying for the UAB Honors Choice Scholarship, please turn in the required items listed above as a complete packet (not individually) to the Financial Aid Office (Alexander City campus, Childersburg campus, or Talladega Center) no later than 11:00 a.m. on May 2, 2014.