Title III Program
Title III Strengthening Institutions Project
“Achieving Student Success”
Central Alabama Community College is honored to have been selected as a recipient of a U.S. Department of Education Title III Strengthening Institutions Program grant. The $2 million grant will span a 5-year period and will focus on Achieving Student Success, with a focus on low-income and other high-risk students.
The project for achieving student success addresses three broad aspects of student success: instruction, student support, and the use of data to improve management and fiscal stability in one comprehensive, integrated activity.
The grant period began October 1, 2011 and will continue through September 30, 2016.
CACC’s Title III goals for the next five years are:
- To improve student success as measured by increased course completion rates, improved grades, and higher retention, graduation, and transfer rates.
- To improve the transition and continuing success of targeted students to the demands of college with a focus on expanding and improving academic programs and support services.
- To expand faculty and staff development that focuses on teaching strategies designed specifically to incorporate the principles and practices associated with a learning-centered organization including alternative instructional pathways that best meet the needs of low-income, first-generation, and high-risk students.
- To improve student knowledge of financial literacy and increase the percentage of students successfully receiving financial aid.
- To create a culture of evidence across the college by increasing access to, and timely use of, appropriate data for assessment, planning, and decision-making.
- To improve communication and collaborative activities with feeder high schools and the closest universities.
For more information regarding this project, contact the Project Director, Kathleen Thompson, at [email protected] or (256)-215-4332.
|Student Learning Centers|
|Alexander City Hours:||Childersburg Hours:||Talladega Hours:|
|Monday-Thursday||Monday-Thursday||Monday and Wednesday|
|7:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.||7:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.||9:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.|
|Math & English||Math||Math|
|Monday & Wednesday||Tuesday & Wednesday||Monday and Wednesday|
|9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.||9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.||10:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.|
|9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.|