Educational Talent Search is a federally funded TRIO Program that identifies and assists qualified youth to succeed in higher education. The program's objectives are:
- Non-senior participants will complete the current academic year
- Senior academic participants will complete their studies and graduate high school
- Student participants will enroll in an institution of higher education post high school
- Students will complete a program of postsecondary education within six years
ETS also provides the following at NO COST to you…
- College Success Seminars
- College Preparation Advising
- College Tours
- Enrichment Traveling
- Cultural Traveling
- Academic Tutoring
- Financial Literacy Advising
The acceptance requirements are as follows:
- You must meet the taxable income eligibility
- You must be the first person in your family who intend to go to college (first-generation)
We serve the following schools in our area:
- B. Comer Memorial High School
- Benjamin Russell High School
- Central High School of Coosa County
- Childersburg High School
- Central High School of Clay County
- Dadeville High School
- Lincoln High School
- Sylacauga High School
- Reeltown High School
- Winterboro High School
- Talladega County Central High School
- Horsehoe Bend High School
How to become an Educational Talent Search student participant:
- Go to your school counselor and request an application.
- Complete the application. Make sure all necessary fields are complete.
- Return the application to your school counselor.
- The school counselor will review the application and add your transcript.
- The counselor will send your application to the ETS department at CACC.
- Your application will be reviewed by ETS staff.
- If you meet all of the requirements, you will receive a letter congratulating you on becoming an Educational Talent Search student participant.
Shandra Terrell Williams, Ph.D.
Director of Educational Talent Search