Student Support Services-STEM (SSS STEM) a federally funded TRIO program designed to improve retention, graduation, financial literacy, and overall academic success rates for students majoring in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Health related fields. SSS STEM helps meet these goals by providing academic and engagement activities for qualified students throughout their enrollment at CACC.
Services Provided by SSS STEM
• Academic advising
• Personal counseling
• Academic workshops
• Cultural events
• Professional development
• Financial literacy
• Leadership training
• Transfer information
• Grant aid
• Study lab and resources
Who qualifies for SSS STEM services?
• To be eligible for the SSS STEM program, you must be pursuing (with an intent to complete) a degree or certificate at CACC, or transfer to a 4-year institution in a STEM major and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• A low-income individual - Qualify for financial aid or meet financial need guidelines
• A first-generation college student - Neither parent received a four-year degree
• An individual with disabilities - Have a documented disability on file with the CACC ADA office.
• You are eligible to participate in a Student Support Services project if you meet all of the following requirements:
• A citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
• Enrolled at Central Alabama Community College or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term.
• Have a need for academic support.
How to Apply?
• To apply, submit the electronic SSS-STEM Application by clicking the link below. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Want to connect with SSS Stem?
• Email sss_stem @cacc.edu
• Call SSS STEM 256-215-2037 or 256-378-2039
SSS STEM Staff
Rachael Harmon Director, SSS STEM and Upward Bound firstname.lastname@example.org 256-378-2039
LaDasia Rancher Skills Specialist email@example.com 256-215-2037
Susan Lepley Program Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org 256-378-2039