Welcome to Student Support Services at Central Alabama Community College. As a federally funded TRIO program, established in 1977. SSS is located on both the Alexander City and Childersburg Campuses. Our mission is to provide an array of academic support to students who meet the eligible income requirements (within federal guidelines), are first generation students or have disabilities. Our services are designed to increase student retention, graduation and transfer rates by promoting student development through opportunities to grow personally, academically and professionally. The SSS program at CACC strives to empower students step-by-step.
What Are The Student Support Services Goals
- To increase the college retention and graduation rates of eligible students.
- To increase the transfer rate of eligible students from two-year to four-year institutions.
- To foster an institutional climate supportive of the success of students who are limited in English proficiency, students from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in postsecondary education, individuals with disabilities, homeless children, foster youth, or other disconnected students.
- To improve the financial literacy of students in basic personal income, household money management, financial planning skills and basic economic decision-making skills.
SSS is committed to helping students navigate the college process while providing the tools, services, and resources needed to obtain an Associate Degree and to prepare to pursue a Baccalaureate Degree.
- Academic Tutoring
- Academic Advising
- Financial Literacy Assistance
- College and Cultural Trips
- Informational Workshops (organizational & study skills, time management, overcoming text anxiety, MLA formatting, etc.)
- Assistance with Career Options
- Computer access and free printing