Students of Central Alabama Community College may download a free copy of Microsoft Office to be installed on their personal computer.
Before you begin, make sure your PC or Mac meets the system requirements.
- Go to login.microsoftonline.com and if you’re not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Sign in with your student email account.
- From the Microsoft 365 home page select Install Office apps (If you set a different start page, go to aka.ms/office-install.)
- Select Office 365 apps to begin the installation.
Install on a PC
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox). If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
The install begins. 2. Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
Install on a Mac
- Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft Office installer.pkg file (the name might vary slightly).
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
- Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
- Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
- Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
- The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished